What’s the drawer slides instructions talking about?
The drawer slides instructions will be the length of drawer slides, the side space, the load rating, the extension, the mounting, the feature, and the material.
The length of drawer slides
Drawer slides length has 2 means, one is the drawer slides length when the drawer slides are closed, and the other means is the travel length.
Please check the drawer slides length instructions.
When we talk about the drawer slides length, we usually talk about the closed length. When you choose the drawer slides, you should know the depth of the cabinet. The drawer slides’ length can’t be longer than the depth of the cabinet.
Drawer slides in metric units MM, like 450 mm length, 500 mm length
Drawer slides in inches, like 18 inches, 20 inches. The normal length is from 8 inches to 28 inches for light duty drawer slides, for heavy duty drawer slides, it can be 50 inches, even 60 inches in length. Also, the length of the drawer slides can be customized, one of the 72 inches length drawer slides we had produced before.
Our drawer slides length:
45 mm width drawer slides, from 10 inches to 28 inches are available, some lengths are in stock.
53 mm width drawer slides, from 10 inches to 60 inches are available, most lengths are in stock.
76 mm heavy duty drawer slides, from 10 inches to 60 inches are all available, all of these lengths in stock.
One more thing I have to talk about 10 inches and 250 mm length is not the same drawer slides. We should double-check this before we confirm.
The side space
The sides space is the thickness of the drawer slides.
When you install the drawer slides, you should take care of the distance between the cabinet and the drawer, the perfect distance is the same as the side space of the drawer slides. Please note, usually, we install 2 pieces of the drawer slides for one drawer.
Please check the install image.
Why we should make sure of the side space?
When you install the drawer, if the side space is not right, the drawer will move not to be that smoothly. Especially if your distance is more than you need.
The side space we usually refer to:
1. Side space 19.1 mm. This side space is from the heavy duty drawer slides, such as 76 mm 227 kgs load rating drawer slides, 53 mm 115 kgs load rating drawer slides. Also can refer to the Accuride.
2. Side space 12.7 mm. This side space is from medium duty drawer slides and light duty drawer slides, such as 51 mm 68 kgs load rating drawer slides and 45 mm 45 kgs load rating drawer slides.
3. Side space 9.5 mm. This side space is from some small drawer slides, such as 35 mm 30 kgs load rating drawer slides and 27 mm 15 kgs load rating drawer slides.
4. Any other customized side space, such as side space 13 mm, side space 17.5 mm.
The load rating
The load rating is the max weight the drawer can bear. When you install the drawer slides, this is an important point to note, especially for the heavy duty load rating, if it can not hold that weight you need, this will make some accidents.
The load rating usually tests 18 inches long as a standard with 10000 times pushes and pulls.
- Super heavy duty load rating: these drawer slides can hold more than 227 kgs, they are always made of special material, like aluminum material. These super heavy duty drawer slides are used in big machines and trains.
- Heavy duty load rating: these drawer slides can hold more than 100 kgs, the material is cold rolled steel plate, but the thickness of the plate is more thick than the normal one, will be 2.0 mm and 2.5 mm thickness for these heavy duty drawer slides. These drawer slides most use for some industrial application, fire trucks, heavy duty trays for RV and off road vehicles.
3. Medium duty drawer slides: these drawer slides can hold about 50-70 kgs weight, using the cold rolled steel plate, the plate thickness is about 1.5 mm. These drawer slides use in the big toolbox, tool chests, or the medical trolley.
4. Light duty drawer slides: these drawer slides can hold about 10-50 kgs weight, using about 1.0 mm thick steel plate, most use in the furniture drawers.